This is the best instant pot turkey chili recipe which I personally love to eat in winter. Especially when we think about to have some chili soup on a rainy day. At that time we need to prepare something quick. Turkey chili instant pot is a love for your wintertime it became more amazing when its prepare in minutes.Jump to Recipe
How To Make Turkey Chili In Instant Pot
First of all, you need to use saute on your instant pot. Put it on high setting and let it heat up much. After that put some olive oil in it. Let the oil heat up and then add the turkey in it. When it becomes brown from downside cut the meat part from there and saute it again till then it becomes brown.
Add some extra 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the instant pot and add some onion and garlic pieces in it cook it for a minute. Put some bell pepper and hot pepper in and cook it until the bell pepper is tender. put the turkey inside again and add 1/2 cup of chowder.
Prepare your instant pot with a spoon. Add some chowder, beans, and tomatoes and tighten the lid. Make it sure not to stir as you want the tomatoes and beans on the top. Close the lid of instant pot, and cook it for 5 minutes followed by quick release when time is up.
Whenever you try instant pot to cook something else please try to open its lid carefully. When you open it instantly pressure of steam can burn your hand, face. Try to open it carefully.
How Long Do I Put Turkey Chili In Instant Pot
For ground turkey chili we need to cook it for 20-30 minutes. If you want the best turkey chili soup then cook it for 30 minutes. You can adjust the cooking time as needed. Turkey chill is delicious soup you need to try it. In homemade turkey chili, you can add more things for your better taste like you can add tomatoes, beans, turkey bacon and a mixture of black and pinto beans.
It’s tastier to have chili with ground turkey people love to eat it. Chili adds more taste in it, however, some of the people don’t like spicy but if they try it they will just love it.
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ Pounds ground turkey
- ¼ Chopped sweet onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 large red pepper bell pepper, removed, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno removed seeds chopped
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- ½ Teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1 – 15oz Can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 – 15oz Can red kidney beans
- 2 – 15oz Cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 –15 oz can of corn, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper for better taste
- Turn on the sauté function. When the pot is well heat put the olive oil in it. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil only and let it heat for 20 seconds. Just make sure that the oil has covered the whole bottom of the pot.
- Put the ground turkey into the instant pot along with a little amount of salt and pepper. cook up to 2 minutes but don’t stir it. Take a wooden spoon and break apart turkey, sauté it until the turkey turns brown, about 5 minutes.
- Let the fat drained from the ground turkey and set aside in a bowl. Put 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the instant pot by keeping it on sautè mode. Add garlic and onion, cook for a minute. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper and still keep it on sauté mode still until the bell pepper becomes smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes and the spices will start releasing the fragrance.
- Put 1/2 of a cup of chicken broth. Take a spoon and scrape away all of the browned particles of food.
- Put the ground turkey, beans, rest of broth, diced tomatoes and corn in that order, now seal the instant pot. Cancel sauté mode.
- Cove the lid and press manual to pressure cook at high pressure up to 5 minutes, when time is up, open the lid carefully after quick release.
- Stir it in fresh cilantro and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Serve it with your desired garnishes like cheese, sour cream, crushed chips, and cilantro.
Hope you will love this recipe. For more recipes stay tuned with us.