Canned tomato soup will do you a favor on days when you don’t have time to spend time in the kitchen. A gluten-free tomato soup to prepare with a can of canned peeled and crushed tomatoes. The taste remains intense and pleasantly fragrant.
This is a rich, healthy and creamy soup with an incredible, slightly tangy tomato flavor, and what could be more comforting than a bowl of flavorful and steaming hot soup for those freezing cold winter days.
It is true that with good fresh fleshy, juicy, and very ripe tomatoes, this soup will be excellent. But with winter tomatoes, being blander I tend to go for canned ones, carefully selected according to their maturity and already peeled, saving you all the work of removing the skin. Whichever brand of tomatoes you choose, they will be much better than greenhouse ripened tomatoes.
How to make creamy tomato soup
Easy, it will be ready in less time than it takes and it is divinely delicious. For a larger quantity of soup, you just need to double the measures. And if you have one of these pressure cookers, this soup will be ready in no time.
Here are some reasons that will make you lean in favor of canned tomatoes:
- This tomato soup is quick and easy with simple ingredients and will require little effort.
- We always have a few cans of diced tomatoes in our cupboards.
- Economical with a fully preserved flavor.
- I use flour to give consistency which can be replaced by corn starch or potato starch for gluten-free.
Variation ideas for tomato soup
According to your inspirations, this tomato soup will be modular from its conception by varying its tastes:
- Vegetables: carrots, peppers, …
- Very aromatic dry or fresh herbs: I really like to flavor my dishes with fresh coriander and the idea of fresh basil or oregano will be a real plus
- Whipping cream or coconut milk for more smoothness
- Pine nuts or flaked roasted almonds, a poached egg, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese on croutons …
This soup is excellent, thick and I accompany it served simply with a piece of good toast rubbed with garlic as a dip.
The health advantage of tomatoes
The tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and are an excellent source of vitamins A and C. And as the carrot, the tomato is a fruit rich in beta carotene, which gives a beautiful complexion, hauling our little cherubs sun exposure.
Gluten free tomato soup recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Pinch of sugar
- A little baking soda
- Mint and chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- The tip of a tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 liter water
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- In a skillet, brown the chopped onion with the crushed garlic with the butter and olive oil.
- Reconstitute the tomato paste in a glass of water with the flour. Mix and Set aside.
- When the onions are translucent and cooked, mix them withthe tin of peeled and crushed tomatoes.
- Put everything back in the saucepan, pour in the water and bring to the boil.
- Incorporate the tomato puree mixture and mix with a spatula until you obtain a smooth texture that coats your spoon.
- Add salt, pepper, cinnamon powder, paprika, sugar and baking soda.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
- Flavor with mint and chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!