Beef Corned Instant Pot and Cabbage are easy to make, tender, and delicious! The Instant Pot makes this meal in a fraction of the time (and all in one pot)!
Not only is salted beef breast a star on St. Patrick’s Day, but it is a hearty starter all year, especially on those cold winter days!
For years I have been making corned beef in a slow cooker and although tender and delicious it takes all day. Enter the instant jar quick and easy preparation and even faster and easier cooking!
How to make instant salted beef in jars
This simple favorite is ready in a few simple steps!
- Mix the liquids, onion, and garlic in the instant pan (according to the recipe below).
- Add a trivet and place the corned beef on top with the spice bag.
- Cook at high pressure and relieve pressure. Let the corned beef rest while the vegetables cook.
- Throw away everything except a cup of liquid and add the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. Cook on high power
- for 5 minutes, then quickly release the pressure.
- Remove the corned beef and place it on a cutting board. Slice the grain and serve on the vegetables.
How long to cook salted beef I think 90 minutes is perfect for thawed salted beef of about 2-3 lbs (or even slightly larger).
You can use frozen salted beef breast, but remember that you will need to increase the cooking time. Since the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots are cooked while the salted beef is resting, there is no risk that they will be overcooked!
use broth and a spoonful of brown sugar.
Since corned beef is a complete meal in itself, keep the sides fairly simple. But certainly, make bread to soak up these delicious juices!
Salted beef sandwiches
Next to the meatloaf, nothing better than a salted beef sandwich. Stack it high on two slices of rye bread, add a little sauerkraut and stone-ground mustard and you get a Ruben! Don’t forget Swiss cheese! Enjoy!
Must-try salted beef recipes
Instant Corned Beef
This recipe makes a generous start all year round, especially on those cold winter days!
- 2 cups of water or broth
- 12 oz of beer or broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 pound salted beef breast with a sachet of spices
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 chopped carrots
- Combine water, broth, onion, and garlic in a 6-quart instant pan.
- Add the trivet and add the salted beef breast with the spice blend (if yours does not have a spice blend, see note).
- Cook at high pressure for 90 minutes. When done, release the pressure and remove the breast, cover with aluminum foil.
- Leave about 1 cup of liquid in the instant jar. Add the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. Set at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. Remove the vegetables in a serving place with a slotted spoon. Top with butter or sauce from the instant jar.
- Slice the salted beef in the grain and serve with vegetables.
The spice mixture can be replaced with 1 tablespoon of marinating spices.