The tomato, avocado and corn salad is a fresh and colorful salad ideal in summer to change the taste of the classic side dish and make the main dish fresher. Together with a good second course it will give your dinner an amazing taste.
The corn salad is a very light salad that is prepared with vegetables that have the colors of the sun, for this reason it is also a very valid ally to fight the heat and favor an amber tan; in fact yellow, red or orange colored foods favor the development of melanin which determines the color of the tan.
The corn salad goes well with many foods, from meat to fish, from cheese to eggs. There is no reason to escape from a simple and tasty recipe like this one. The tomato and corn salad can be prepared with convenient, practical and fast canned corn or with that to be cooked, so starting from the ears of corn, in this case you will have to cook the boiled ears.
2 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn
1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
1 diced into 1/2 inch pieces avocado
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to prepare corn salad
In a large bowl, combine corn, avocado, tomato and onion together.
In another bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together.
Pour the dressing mixture over salad and toss gently to mix.
Corn salad is ready to be served.
Corn Salad Recipe Paula Deen
- 2 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 diced into 1/2 inch pieces avocado
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn, avocado, tomato andonion together.
- In another bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing mixture over salad and toss gently to mix.
- Corn salad is ready to be served.